REFERENCED TV SHOWS
The Game Effect Editorial
What to Watch: Week of October 31 - November 6
Tons of new programming plus the debut of AMC's new dramatic series!
MondayTerra Nova - "Bylaw" (FOX 8PM EST)
- "The colony falls victim to its first murder, and Jim and Taylor must find the perpetrator. Also, Skye helps Josh find a way to get Kira, his girlfriend from 2149, to the past, while Elisabeth and Zoe race to help an unborn Ankylosaurus survive."
Bored To Death - "We Could Sing A Duet" (HBO 9PM EST)
- "While showing Emily a youthful time, Jonathan discovers a classified ad for a detective impersonating himself...Ray, in a hot water bath with Leah, finds himself drawn to a lonely woman named Belinda (Olympia Dukakis)."
TuesdayGlee - "Pot O' Gold" (FOX 8PM EST)
- "A new foreign exchange student, Rory Flanagan (guest star Damian McGinty winner of "The Glee Project"), enrolls at McKinley and crashes with Brittany S. Pierce who thinks he’s a leprechaun. Meanwhile, Mercedes attempts to recruit new members to join Shelby Corcoran’s (guest star Idina Menzel) newly formed Glee club and Sue’s congressional campaign heats up."
Sons of Anarchy - "Kiss" (FX 10PM EST)
- "SAMCRO gets word that the Niners have made a new alliance that directly impacts their own agenda."
WednesdayNova:The Fabric of the Cosmos - "What Is Space?" (PBS 9PM EST)
- "Physicist Brian Green hosts "The Fabric of the Cosmos," a four-part series about space, time and the universe. Part 1, "What Is Space?," explains that space isn't the void it's often portrayed to be, but a dynamic tapestry that's manipulated by gravity."
Modern Family - "Treehouse" (ABC 9PM EST)
- "Gloria insists on a night of salsa dancing with Jay; Cameron goes too far when Mitchell and a friend challenge him to get a hot woman's (Leslie Mann) number; Phil builds a tree house."
Happy Endings - "Lying Around" (ABC 9:30PM EST)
- "Brad lies and says he has to go out of town for work when Jane's former sorority sister visits; Dave and Max make a commercial to promote the food truck."
American Horror Story - "Halloween, Part 2" (FX 10PM EST)
- "Halloween night concludes with Tate coming face-to-face with his past. Ben and Vivien are haunted by one of the house's newest guests."
ThursdayCommunity - "Advanced Gay" (NBC 8PM EST)
- "The gay community supports Hawthorne Wipes while Vice Dean Laybourne makes an offer to Troy."
Parks and Recreation - "End of the World" (NBC 8:30PM EST)
- "A local Pawnee group predicts the end of days, causing chaos - and hilarity - in the Parks department."
The Office - "Doomsday" (NBC 9PM EST)
- "Trying to boost productivity, Dwight creates a doomsday device that could get the entire staff fired."
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - "The Anti-Social Network" (FX 10PM EST)
- "After an annoying bar patron enrages The Gang, Mac and Dee take to the internet to cyber-stalk their prey, while Dennis and Charlie track him the old-fashioned way. Meanwhile, Frank tries to drum up business for Paddy's with a viral video, and learns about the dangers of the internet first-hand."
Beavis and Butthead - "Daughter's Hand" and "Tech Support" (MTV 10PM EST)
- "Beavis and Butt-head try to get daughter's hand," and "Beavis and Butt-head get jobs working in a phone bank, a position for which they are woefully under-qualified."
The League - "Bobbum Man" (FX 10:30PM EST)
- "Jenny forgets a special anniversary with Kevin. Andre seeks line-up Nirvana. Taco creates an off-line social network called My Face. And the guys resurrect their old game of phone chicken and bring back Bobbum Man, much to Kevin's dismay."
FridayChuck - "Chuck vs. The Bearded Bandit" (NBC 8PM EST)
- "Coming off of a well-composed and often hilarious season 5 premier, Carmichael Industries takes on a missing persons case while simultaneously dealing with a rival agency. Jeff Faheyand and Justin Hartleyguest star as Karl Sneijder, 'he president and CEO of diamond giant Natal Jewelers,' and his kidnapped brother Wesley, respectively."
Fringe - "Novation" (FOX 9PM EST)
- "In the aftermath of recent shocking events, things really escalate when the translucent shapeshifters return. As the threat and circumstances intensify, a former Massive Dynamic scientist Malcolm Truss (guest star Arye Gross) enters the fold. Meanwhile, Nina Sharp pays Walter a visit in the lab."
SaturdayBedlam - "Burning Man" (BBCA 9PM EST)
- "When Molly is haunted by the figure of a burning man, Ryan is forced to protect her. But when things get intimate will their friendship ever be the same again? Kate is pushed to the brink as she wrestles with her conscience, while Jed tries to make contact with his mother and is brought face-to-face with a dreadful secret in the depths of Bedlam Heights."
Saturday Night Live (NBC 11:30PM EST)
- Bonus for fans of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia: Charlie Day is hosting SNL this week! Sweet! We can pass on the musical guest though: Maroon 5....blech.
SundayThe Walking Dead - "Cherokee Rose" (AMC 9PM EST)
- "Shane's deadly sacrifice leads to strange behavior, while the rest of the group contemplate the fine line between living and dying."
Dexter - "Just Let Go" (SHO 9PM EST)
- "Dexter's case turns personal, while Debra's new duties as a lieutenant leave her feeling overwhelmed. She also discovers Quinn made a professional faux pas."
Boardwalk Empire - "Peg of Old" (HBO 9PM EST)
- "Margaret has a family reunion; Owen gets even with a rival; Van Alden recognizes the hierarchy of the law; Jimmy wonders how a decision will affect the future."
Hell On Wheels - "Pilot" (AMC 10PM EST)
- Hell On Wheels is the newest dramatic series from AMC, which is all I need to hear -- after witnessing the genius of AMC's other dramatic series, namely Breaking Bad, Mad Men, and The Walking Dead, I'm fairly convinced that anything the network puts its stamp on will be worth watching. This series is a "contemporary Western" (or, as the producers have joked, "Eastern" as the show is set in the American East) and follows AMC's first original mini-series event, Broken Trail. The "epic and enduring American story...centers on former Confederate soldier Cullen Bohannon (Anson Mount), whose quest for vengeance has led him to Union Pacific Railroad's westward construction of the first transcontinental railroad." The series will also star rapper Common. Yee-haw.